Now that I've been doing this blog since April, the stories I've told are starting to run together in my head. So if I repeat things, just know that it apparently happens a lot or it's really cute or funny in order for me to be repeating it. Anyway, Myles still has a pacifier. We'll probably get rid of it before his 2nd birthday, but for now while he's still teething pretty bad we give it to him...but only when he's sleeping and extremely fussy from being in pain. In the mornings Myles is usually awake, standing in his crib talking or something, and it's typically a LOT earlier than we want it to be. The past couple weeks he's been waking up at 6am or before...meaning if I get up at 5:30, I have to go FULL SPEED to get completely ready by the time he's up. Something he loves to do to get our attention is to deliberately throw his pacifier on the floor and say "uh-oh". He keeps saying 'uh-oh' and then finally starts whining and crying until we go in there. Once we pick him up we make him put his pacifier back in his crib and it has to stay there. He knows that's where is stays and recently there will be times I walk into his room to take something and he'll follow me. As soon as he gets in there he'll say "uh-oh" and go over to his crib to look for his pacifier (i typically hide it under his blanket). Many kids call it a pacifier, pacy, binky....but Myles...it's his "uh-oh" :)
Although this blog is not updated daily, it's a way to keep family and friends close when everyone seems so far away!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
my 'UH-OH'
Now that I've been doing this blog since April, the stories I've told are starting to run together in my head. So if I repeat things, just know that it apparently happens a lot or it's really cute or funny in order for me to be repeating it. Anyway, Myles still has a pacifier. We'll probably get rid of it before his 2nd birthday, but for now while he's still teething pretty bad we give it to him...but only when he's sleeping and extremely fussy from being in pain. In the mornings Myles is usually awake, standing in his crib talking or something, and it's typically a LOT earlier than we want it to be. The past couple weeks he's been waking up at 6am or before...meaning if I get up at 5:30, I have to go FULL SPEED to get completely ready by the time he's up. Something he loves to do to get our attention is to deliberately throw his pacifier on the floor and say "uh-oh". He keeps saying 'uh-oh' and then finally starts whining and crying until we go in there. Once we pick him up we make him put his pacifier back in his crib and it has to stay there. He knows that's where is stays and recently there will be times I walk into his room to take something and he'll follow me. As soon as he gets in there he'll say "uh-oh" and go over to his crib to look for his pacifier (i typically hide it under his blanket). Many kids call it a pacifier, pacy, binky....but Myles...it's his "uh-oh" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment