Thursday, April 15, 2010

dirt sampler with a side of mis-matched pj's


Today has been a pretty normal day...take Myles to daycare, go to work, pick up Myles from daycare. It's 'orientation week' at work with new International Field Staff in Boone so I've been pretty busy. We took them out to eat at Outback Steakhouse tonight. When we got home we both had our hands full. I put Myles down and then was holding the door open for Luke...

*side note - I'm not a huge fan of dirt. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind to get dirty, I just don't want to eat dirt and I don't want my child eating dirt...not until he's older anyway.*

Ok back to the story -so we normally take our shoes off at the door to prevent from spreading dirt across the house..I was holding the door open for Luke and because the door was open Myles automatically wanted to go to it, so he started crawling fast. He puts toys and stuff in his mouth, but so far he's never picked up any small foreign object off the floor and put it in his mouth. Luke came in the door, I got it shut and before I could even put my bags down Myles stopped crawling and put something in his mouth. I went to get it out of his mouth and out came a wad of dirt. I got most of it out and he's fine.

My step-mom would be very happy because when I was growing up she would always say "I can't wait for you to have kids and for them to eat dirt." Well...

I didn't have a picture of the dirt so I took a picture of Myles in his mis-matched pajamas. Right now he's kinda growing out of his pj's so he's been wearing one type of pants and a different shirt - he looks pretty funny, and we'll probably never remember this when he's older.







No comments:

Post a Comment